Monday, May 21, 2012

Revit Technology Conference AUS 2012 is Underway!

This post is playing time traveler, dropping back in time to Monday (May 22). I was on a United 747-400 heading to Sydney when Monday happened at home in the USA. A curious side effect of travel west to Australia is you lose a day. Sydney is 17 hours ahead of the west coast of the USA. So when I boarded my flight on Sunday night at 9:45 PM it was already 2:45 PM in Sydney, but tomorrow (Monday). By the time I landed in Sydney Monday already turned into Tuesday morning. This means I lost Monday, missed my son Jake's birthday and didn't post anything here. I could have set something up to post while I was traveling but that would mean I was better prepared, I wasn't. I digress...

It's that time of year again, RTC is here. First up is the conference in Wollongong (aka The Gong and 90 minutes SE of Sydney). VisDay is a new event focused on visualization technology. The Chairman is Dan Jurgens and he's worked hard to assemble a quality group of presentations. The RTC conference begins on Thursday May 24th and VisDay is the "warm up" act, to use a concert metaphor. VisDay gathers (gathered) on Wednesday May 23rd. Writing about what will happen when it just happened is a bit odd...

Tonight I'm polishing my presentation about What's New in Revit Architecture 2013. Each year I feel like there isn't enough new stuff to make me happy. Then I write up this presentation and I find it takes a lot of effort to scratch the surface in a modest way. This year is no different. There are some big ticket items that attract attention but there a numerous other and more subtle features that contribute to a fairly long list of things to speak about. That will happen just after lunch on Thursday May 24th (tomorrow as I write this).

The event in Australia is upon us. You can still attend technically, assuming you can (a) get here, (b) make the time and (c) act fast!! Join the 400 or so others revving up for three days of Revit and BIM technical sessions and discussions.

There is just over a month until the RTCUSA starts in Stone Mountain, GA on June 28-30, 2012. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was good to see you again this year.
In my opinion, this year was the most informative one yet. I know I've got some fresh ideas on old topics to now play around with before next year.