Saturday, December 08, 2012

Audit

I wish Audit had more to say. I wish I had a clue what it was actually trying to do, what it cares about, why I should care about it.

The WikiHelp says this about Audit:
    Scans, detects, and fixes corrupt elements in the project. This option can greatly increase the time required to open files. Use this option only for periodic maintenance of large workshared files or when you are preparing to upgrade.

It doesn't tell us what it did, if there was anything to do or fix or that our file was too excellent to do anything at all. That's all I want for Christmas. Okay, that's not true but I'd still like it for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An audit log. Good point. Or how about 'Revit encountered an element that might not function properly in this version. Would you like to perform an audit?' For example: I had one instance where a nested family (plan swing) with a flip control didn't behave properly. We noticed and fixed it in due time but left us suspicious about what else may have changed.

Unknown said...

I don't remember how long the Audit function has been around, but I use it on every file I receive from a consultant and periodically on my company files and I have never encountered an error or message from this function. It would be nice to know if it fixes or speeds up a file.